SiMBA (https://www.simbacharity.org.uk) is here to support anyone who has been affected by the death of a baby during pregnancy or shortly after birth.
Working in conjunction with CHAS (https://www.chas.org.uk/) SiMBA are delighted to offer a series of FREE Person Centred Bereavement, Palliative and End of Life Care Study Days. Each study day will run from 8.45am to 5pm, counts towards your revalidation and is open to all Health Care Professionals and Students (although they are of particular benefit to staff or students working in maternity and neonatal care).
These study days aim to :
- Increase delegate awareness of communication around miscarriage, stillbirth, palliative care and neonatal death
- Enhance delegate knowledge of bereavement and loss
- Increase delegate awareness of relevant policies
- Develop delegate confidence to apply learning in practice
- Increase confidence in Memory Making
Limited FREE places are available on the following dates for the remainder of this year:
- 30th August – Ninewells Hospital, Dundee
- 20th September – Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline
- 4th October – Glasgow Marriott Hotel (delegate lunch also provided at this event) *
- 3rd December – Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel (delegate lunch also provided at this event)*
*SiMBA are very grateful to Stephen and Louise Ramsay for funding these study days in memory of Ellie and Orla.
All study day places will be allocated on a first come / first served basis, unfortunately SiMBA cannot hold group places.
To secure your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Fiona in the SiMBA office on 0131 353 0055.
Find out more about SiMBA: