Group B Strep Support (GBSS) is the UK charity working to stop group B Strep (GBS) infection in babies, We;
- inform health professionals and individuals how to prevent most GBS infection in newborn babies;
- offer information and support to families and health professionals affected by GBS;
- campaign for improvements to UK strategies for preventing GBS infection; and
- generate continued support for research into better prevention of GBS infection in babies.
Supported by a respected medical advisory panel, GBSS provides free information materials for expectant and new parents affected by group B Strep and their health professionals UK-wide.
If you are testing a woman specifically for group B Strep carriage, when is the best time to do this?
- Group B Strep carriage comes and goes so often it’s not worth testing for
- Once a carrier, always a carrier, so you can take the test any time
- Taking a urine sample at booking
- In the last 5 weeks of pregnancy (usually 35-37 weeks’ gestation)