The Scotland Maternity & Midwifery Festival takes place at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh on Wednesday 27th November 2019.
The festival will feature our usual mix of high quality speakers, the latest industry innovations in our exhibition area, free taster treatments in our wellbeing zone and of course our third annual Scottish midwifery awards ceremony.
Today we are delighted to be able to reveal the shortlist of nominees for our Scottish Awards 2019!
There are many worthy nominees on the list, and we received many excellent nominations for consideration for this year’s awards. Our judging panel had an incredibly tough time whittling down the submissions to make up our final list, so congratulations to the individuals and teams who have made the shortlist, this is a fantastic achievement in itself.
Scotland Maternity & Midwifery Festival 2019 Awards Shortlist
MMF INNOVATION AWARD
- Geraldine Stevenson & Mo Tabib, NHS Grampian / Robert Gordon University
- Debi Cargill, Susan Dewar & Lorna Ford, NHS Tayside
- Infant Feeding Team, NHS Tayside
MMF STUDENT EDUCATION AWARD
- Clare Weir, Victoria Hospital Kirkcaldy, NHS Fife
- The University of the West Scotland Midwifery Team
MMF TEAM AWARD
- Angus Homebirth Team, NHS Tayside
- Critical Care Maternity Team, NHS Tayside
- Maternity Wound Guideline Group, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
SPECIAL AWARD: CONTRIBUTION TO SCOTTISH MATERNITY SERVICES AWARD
We are also delighted to announce a special award category for 2019 which will recognise an individual for their outstanding contribution to Scottish Maternity Services, winner to be announced on the day.
We wish all of our nominees the very best of luck and look forward to announcing the winners at 16:00 on Wednesday 27th November at the festival.
If you want to get an idea of what goes on at our awards, take a look at the video below.
If you can’t attend in person you can watch the awards ceremony live from 16:00 below: