The Northern Maternity & Midwifery Festival takes place at Old Trafford Football Stadium, Manchester on Tuesday 25th June 2019.
The festival will feature our usual mix of high quality speakers, the latest industry innovations in our exhibition area, free taster treatments in our wellbeing zone and of course our second annual Northern midwifery awards ceremony.
Today we are delighted to be able to reveal the shortlist of nominees for our Northern Awards 2019!
There are many worthy nominees on the list, and we received many excellent nominations for consideration for this year’s awards. Our judging panel had an incredibly tough time whittling down the submissions to make up our final list, so congratulations to the individuals and teams who have made the shortlist, this is a fantastic achievement in itself.
Northern Maternity & Midwifery Festival 2019 Awards Shortlist
MMF MIDWIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Jonathan Cliffe, Midwife, Warrington and Halton Hospitals Trust
- Cath Holland, Bank Midwife, Helme Chase maternity unit at Westmorland General Hospital, Cumbria
- Jennifer Clarke, ‘Jenny the Midwife’
MMF INNOVATION AWARD
- Ingleside Birth and Community Centre
- Clinical Skills Team, Middlesex University
MMF STUDENT & NEWLY QUALIFIED MIDWIFE AWARD
- Debra Heys, Student Midwife, University of Central Lancashire
- Melissa Connelly, Student Midwife, Royal Bolton Hospital
MMF TEAM AWARD
- Blackpool, Wyre & Fylde Miscarriage Support Group
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Maternity Services
- Ingleside Birth & Community Centre Team
MMF MANAGEMENT AWARD
- Maternity Management Team, Warrington and Halton Hospitals Trust
- Cathy Atherton, Retired Head of Midwifery, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
We wish all of our nominees the very best of luck and look forward to announcing the winners at 16:00 on Tuesday 25th June at the festival.
If you want to get an idea of what goes on at our awards, take a look at the video below.
If you can’t attend in person you can watch the awards ceremony live from 16:00 below: