Broadcaster, Save the Children Ambassador and co-founder of Mum & You Natasha Kaplinsky OBE has been announced as the chair the inaugural International Maternity Expo Awards Judging panel.
Commenting on her appointment and the launch of the International Maternity Expo (IME) Awards Natasaha Kaplinsky issued a call to accelerate the sharing of new science, technology, testing and service reforms around the world, saying:
“The experience of pregnancy today is significantly different from past generations. Pregnant mothers-to-be are surrounded by social media advice highlighting new tests, new choices and more birth options, often challenging professional and government advice. Maternity services are reforming to meet this changing world. We are faced with a huge opportunity – to share knowledge globally and increase the uptake of best practice as mothers make use of new technology, new science and new innovations. These awards recognise the best innovations and insights taking place in maternity services around the world to meet the challenges in pregnancy, childbirth and infant wellbeing.”
“We are delighted to have such a high profile campaigner for better births as the chair of the International Maternity Expo Awards in 2019.”
Natasha Kaplinsky is joined by an international panel of Maternity leaders including:
- Franka Cadée, President, International Confederation of Midwives, The Netherlands
- Baroness Julia Cumberlege, Co-chair, All Parliamentary Health Group, Former UK Health Minister
- Professor Jacqueline Dunkley Bent OBE, Head of Maternity, Children and Young People, NHS England, UK
- Dr Neel Shah, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Reproductive Biology, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Dr Nicoletta Setola, Architect, University of Florence, Italy
- Petra ten Hoope-Bender, UNFPA, UN Population Fund Switzerland David Hutchon, Retired Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, UK
- Elizabeth Iro, Chief Nursing Officer, World Health Organisation
- Cass McNamara, Chief Executive, Birthsparks, UK
- Dr Sheena Byrom OBE, Director, All4Maternity, UK
- Louise Page, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, West Middlesex Hospital, UK
- Milli Hill, Founder, Positive Birth Movement, UK Professor
- Neena Modi, Professor of Neonatal Medicine, Imperial College, London
- Alison Baum, CEO and Founder, Best Beginnings
International Maternity Expo Awards (#IMExpo)
Tuesday 12th November 2019, Millennium Gloucester Hotel
The first International Maternity Expo Awards Dinner will take place on the evening of Tuesday 12th November at the prestigious Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington and is a unique opportunity to recognise and celebrate the winners of the Inaugural International Maternity Awards.
Streamed live online, and available to view on demand after the ceremony, the awards will be viewed around the world via international professional associations, maternity networks, YouTube and academic portals.
Nominations are now sought in the categories below:
- RESEARCH INNOVATION AWARD
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH ACHIEVEMENT IN MATERNITY AWARD
- CLINICAL RESEARCH AWARD
- EDUCATION INNOVATION AWARD
- STUDENT MIDWIFE AWARD
- OBSTETRIC TRAINEE AWARD
- INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION AWARD
Clinical Practice Awards
- INTERNATIONAL MIDWIFE OF THE YEAR
- INTERNATIONAL MATERNITY DOCTOR OF THE YEAR
- UK MIDWIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- UK MATERNITY DOCTOR ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- MATERNITY TEAM AWARD
- PRACTICE INNOVATION AWARDS
Transformation & Improvement Awards
- SUSTAINABILITY INNOVATION AWARD
- INCLUSION AWARD
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AWARD
- GOVERNMENT, REGULATOR OR PROFESSIONAL BODY INNOVATION OR IMPROVEMENT OF THE YEAR
- BUILT ENVIRONMENT AWARD
The deadline for entries to the 2019 International Maternity Expo Awards is Friday 31st May 2019.
To find out all you need to know about nominating yourself, a colleague or team for one of these awards please visit the awards nomination page here.
If your business or organisation is interested in sponsoring these awards and receiving exposure to an international audience of maternity professionals prices start from £8,500 + VAT, find out more here.
Visit the expo website here: www.internationalmaternityexpo.com/2019/